Optimus have a successful track record in supporting North Sea and International operators in management of all aspects of decommissioning, from annual liabilities reporting to offshore decommissioning project management and management of waste inventories.
The division provides a unique decommissioning consultancy service, addressing decommissioning liabilities, financial/regulatory obligations and wider evaluation of decommissioning implications. The team is equipped with a wide range of technical and managerial experience specific to decommissioning, gained at operator and supply chain levels. Optimus are active members of Decom North Sea.
Optimus decommissioning support services include:
Annual decommissioning liability activities, including;
Optimus offers services to assist in the development of robust decommissioning strategies and management of decommissioning liabilities for all sizes and types of assets, in all geographical locations.
We currently manage the decommissioning liability estimates and processes for a number of operators, for which we utilise industry standard practices, estimating templates and innovative data modeling techniques to identify real time liabilities. Other activities conducted in support of decommissioning liability management include;
- Preparation of decommissioning liability strategy and process maps
- Vessel and equipment optimisation studies
- Platform/field abandonment option identification and evaluation
- Abandonment expenditure modelling
Further decommissioning services we offer;
- Due diligence reporting in support of acquisitions and divestment opportunities
- Materials and waste handling processes and management
- Option identification and selection studies in support of all decommissioning activities
- Process engineering to maximise revenue recovery before CoP
- Structural and mechanical disciplines for developing removal schemes
- Planning and estimating for generating deterministic and probabilistic cost & schedule predictions
- Technical safety specialists for all stages in the COP&D
- Option selection process to assist in the planning for decommissioning assets